Our international pupils come from a wide range of locations including China, Hong Kong, Germany, Italy, Russia, Korea, Spain, the USA and Mexico.
We have a varied curriculum and a wide range of co-curricular activities on offer for all of our pupils.
EEA Citizens – EU Settlement SchemeAs of 31st December 2020, all EU, EEA or Swiss citizens will need to have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue to live and study in the UK. The process is very easy and can be done online at, here. This gives a full guide to who should apply and what you need to do. Once you have applied a letter will be emailed to you showing your settled or pre-settled status and i would be grateful if you could please provide a copy of this for your Son/Daughters file.If you are unsure or need help with the process please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We are happy to share with you our International Newsletter.
This edition features updates on many of our exciting new developments including:
- Amazing news on our recent partnership with Datong School
- Virtual learning updates
- School news from all of our pupils
- International information and updates
The international newsletter also features many aspects of school life and the curriculum.
Tier 4 Application Updates
- From 5 October 2020, the Student route will replace the Tier 4 route.
- The Student route, which falls under the UK’s new points-based immigration system, improves on the previous Tier 4 route making for a more streamlined experience for both sponsoring institutions and students.
- Visas that have been issued through the Tier 4 route are still valid and those eligible will still be able to apply for the Graduate Route when it opens in summer 2021.
- The Graduate Route will be available to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance and who have a valid Student (or Tier 4) visa at the time of application.
- More information about the UK’s new points-based immigration system can be found here. Further guidance for EU, EEA and Swiss students, who from 1 January, will need to comply with the new system can be found here.
- EU, EEA and Swiss citizens resident in the UK before 31 December should apply to the EU settlement scheme.
Education Pathways to Success
We are delighted to offer an exclusive package for our international students. The new Education Pathways provide an exemplary and focused learning programme enhanced with themed visits, work experience and mentoring.
The three distinct options comprise:
– STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
Pre A Level Offer
We offer a Pre A Level year to those pupils wishing to join us in Year 11. This will enable them to prepare for the course requirements and examinations of the A Level’s they will undertake in Year’s 12 and 13.
Dedicated lessons to improve English Language use
We provide our international students with ESOL lessons (English for Speakers of Other Languages). Our ESOL Department includes highly-qualified teachers who liaise closely with curriculum teachers to ensure that all students’ needs are met. ESOL classes are generally small – typically 2-8 students – and the school has a proud record of students achieving exceptionally high IELTS scores and passing advanced Cambridge EFL suite exams.
We prepare our pupils for university life, offering specialist English for Academic Purposes lessons.
2 + 3 Programme
Lincoln Minster School and the University of Lincoln have teamed up to offer a unique study experience in one of the UK’s most dynamic and historic cities.
Pupils choosing to study for their A Levels at Lincoln Minster School, followed by an undergraduate degree at the University of Lincoln, can enjoy an exclusive scholarship to support their studies.
This scholarship offers pupils the chance to benefit from an outstanding five-year education programme with access to Gold Standard teaching, excellent links to industry and tailored careers advice.
The 2+3 Programme offers a bespoke direct pathway to Higher Education for our international pupils.
Those who study their A Levels at Lincoln Minster School can benefit from a direct route to further study at the University of Lincoln. The programme is innovative within the education sector and is the future for international education and relationships. We are proud to represent an exclusive pathway to an education for life.
Short Term Stays
We offer short term stays to International pupils upon request and subject to availability in our boarding houses.
Pupils at Key Stage 3 level will follow the main curriculum omitting English, History, Modern Foreign Language and Geography subjects to allow for intensive ESOL learning, leading to English Language Testing. Those at Key Stage 4 will choose one or two options allowing for additional ESOL lessons to prepare for Cambridge English Testing.
A safe and welcoming home from home
Our highly-experienced boarding staff ensure that all nationalities fit in well with school life, with the result that all nationalities and cultures are made to feel welcome.
Enjoy a quality education in a stunning location at the heart of historic Lincoln.
Our school is situated very close to the iconic Lincoln Cathedral and all of our boarding houses are just a short walk from the historic Bailgate; the lively High Street shops, theatres of the cultural quarter and restaurants of the Brayford waterfront are just ten minutes away on-foot.
There are two universities and a college within close proximity to Lincoln Minster School.
Find out more about the beautiful City of Lincoln →